Friday, November 9, 2007

M & D

Well Mom and Dad left our home today. It was such a treat having them here from Monday to Friday. It was fun to have nothing we had to do, just a visit just for fun. Mom and Dad don't require to much entertaining. They like things kept simple and calm so thats what we did. Lindsay and Jacob counted down the days for their arrival. They absolutely loved having them around. The highlight for me was going to the jewelry store with Barb! Holy cow, she is obsessed. It is fun to see mom so excited about something. She is really getting in touch with her creative self. I think she is quite talented and soooo willing to share the wealth. I was actually feeling a bit obsessed today as well. I just wanted everyone to go away to I could create this pair of earrings that I had in my head. Well as you can imagine they never got created. I did make a few fun little bracelets and earrings for Lindsay's friends. They seemed impressed. Another highlight was to see Dad be silly with the kids. I think when your a kids you don't really see your parents for who they are, but now that I'm an adult I really see how silly my Dad is. He has such a unique sense of humor, but I totally get it, and the kids seemed to get it too. I think he enjoyed watching Luke for me when mom and I went on our shopping excursion. Luke seemed bonded after that. Dad also taught me how to make this at home remedy for clearing out my sinuses. I still haven't been brave enough to try it, but if I don't feel better tomarrow I think I will give it a try. Dane and Dad whipped out a new swing set in less than 2 hours. I was impressed. Dad was a big help. Thanks for all the laughs, out to eats, and the enjoyable visit.

2 comments:

sosilly said...

There is nothing as sweet as watching Grandparents and the Grandkids loving and playing together! I'm so glad you got to have a long week of bonding.
Pure love right!
Pam

Jamie and Family said...

I can't believe the swing set got done! 5 am can't stop Dane luckily :-)

I keep meaning to tell you how cute the bracelet is that you made Lexi. I really took a look at it and really like it! Thanks!