My boys are obsessed with playing in this flower bed with their trains and cars, and also Raymond the neighbor friend. It does entertain them, but also takes over my life. As you can see they get filthy in every crevice, and also I get to sit out there and watch them because they are in the front yard. The dirt here is nothing like the dirt I grew up with. It is almost like sand, but dustier. It is a fine powder like sand. Ideal for growing grapes I suppose. Luke's main job is taking handfuls and occasionally showering the boys heads with it. He can't resist. Even when we had a sand box Jacob preferred this flower bed. They remind me of the character "pig pen" on Charlie brown after a playing session. When they run there is a cloud of dust following them. Boys will be boys. Gotta love it.
Thursday, April 3, 2008
California dirt
My boys are obsessed with playing in this flower bed with their trains and cars, and also Raymond the neighbor friend. It does entertain them, but also takes over my life. As you can see they get filthy in every crevice, and also I get to sit out there and watch them because they are in the front yard. The dirt here is nothing like the dirt I grew up with. It is almost like sand, but dustier. It is a fine powder like sand. Ideal for growing grapes I suppose. Luke's main job is taking handfuls and occasionally showering the boys heads with it. He can't resist. Even when we had a sand box Jacob preferred this flower bed. They remind me of the character "pig pen" on Charlie brown after a playing session. When they run there is a cloud of dust following them. Boys will be boys. Gotta love it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Ah yes. Dusty dirt. We don't have that kind anymore. But my kids can find dirt anywhere, and Dallin (like Luke) loves to toss it in hair. How about Lindsay? Did she like to play in the dirt and has she outgrown it?
Cute pics!
I hear ya! My boys always have the dirt sand combo in their hair. Try as I may it just doesn't come out completely...ever! Oh well! I never realized not all dirt is created equal! I learned something new today. YEAH!! Cute boys!!
I love girls!...but I sure love boys, too! I hope I get to have at least one!!
I'm so glad you think I look great...I'll have to post a picture of what I really look like! I'm pretty huge...and I still have 11 weeks to go! SCARY!!
How did Luke get so grown up?! He is a real boy now.
Post a Comment