Sunday, July 20, 2008

flashback!


I came across this picture and felt amazed at how young Dane and I look. For some reason instead of 8 years ago this looks like is it 20 years ago. This is Dane and I on our wedding day right after our ceremony and luncheon. We were getting ready to drive back to Mapleton from Manti as a married couple. That was such a strange and wonderful moment in time. I remember our conversation in the car was something like "wow we really did it! Were actually married!" After the reception in mapleton we spent our first night in Little America in SLC, then in the morning went on our dream honeymoon to Barbados. Dane surprised me with the location. He didn't tell me where we were going until I got on the plane. He just said pack tropical. That was a really fun surprise. When he finally told me I still didn't understand where we were going because I had never heard of that island before. It was so adventurous, romantic, and fun. We were supposed to get on the 7:00 am flight to Miami the morning after our wedding. Needless to say we missed our flight (only by a minute). We just had to stay an extra night in Miami to get to Barbados the next day. It all worked out. I think I'll be counseling my children to not book any early flights the day after your wedding. Only a little over eight years ago, but so much of life and experiences have happened. I feel a lot more mature I guess from the experiences of motherhood and being a wife.

2 comments:

Monty and Kristin said...

So, I totally love that picture!! Isn't it amazing how time flies and kids age us! Barbados--wow! How awesome!! How did he pull that off without you knowing! He should try it again!:) You look beautiful in that picture!! So care free!! So happy! Fun memories! what day was your anniversary?

Riley and Steph said...

I love this picture! You do not look 20 years older. I think pictures do age us when we have all our kids surrounding us and our husband's are balding. haha. You still look great! If it makes you feel better - we missed our plane the next day going on our honeymoon to Puerto Vallarta! Our flight was way too early. Good recommendation - I totally agree!