Monday, October 6, 2008

Lukey Love Heart! Happy Birthday!









Today was Luke's 2nd birthday. What a cute, fun, happy boy he is. I've decided I love little boys, and how their minds work. He notices everything around him. He finds joy in all the little things in life that we don't notice anymore. Like the leaves on the trees, big wheels on Daddy's truck, bubbles, kitties, and anything that has wheels at all, especially Thomas the train or LIghtning McQueen. He is so affectionate one minute and the next is looking for something hard to hit you with. He has learned that biting and scratching are effective too. But if you make a high pitched kitty noise he comes running to run his fingers through your hair and give you a hug. Mommy meow is his favorite. And I love when he calls me mommy kitty. His second favorite is Jacob meow. Sometimes Jacob isn't up to kitty loves and it really upsets Luke to be denied the pleasures of his kitty obsession. He has grown up so much in the last few months. I used to feel frustrated that he wouldn't play with toys, just follow me around wanting me to hold him. Now all he does is play with toys. I love it that his little imagination is starting to kick in. He is also saying so many new words now I can't keep track. But I have to say my current favorite word is "boof". He lets me know when he has gone pee or boof. It is a great word for it and it might stick around for generations. So tonight we had a lightning McQueen birthday celebration. It was very simple but a blast. We had pizza for dinner and of course cake and ice-cream. We had about 5 gifts for him to open. He loved everyone of them and played with them until he couldn't keep his head up anymore. He is sleeping tonight with his Mac truck and "Quee, Quee" car. Jacob went to bed in tears because he also wanted to play with all the new toys. Luke wouldn't even let him touch them. It is always hard for the sibling not having a birthday I've noticed. Luke we Love you so much and love having you in our family. You are a very specail and amazing little person in our lives.
I was mad tonight that 90% of the pictures I took turned out blurry. By the end of the night I figured out what the problem was but it was too late. So i might post some blurry pictures because it is better than nothing.

8 comments:

The Cope Family said...

Happy Birthday Luke. Wow can you believe he is two. Two sometimes is wonderful and the next moment you want to pull your hair out. I am really trying to live in the moment and realize they will never happen again.(that doesn't always work though) Happy Birthday Luke

Jamie and Family said...

As I've anticipated Pey's bday, I've thought lots about Luke....and how we felt leading up to their births. Such priceless memories for me. I knew they were then, but as time goes on, they increase in joy.

Happy Bday Luke!

Heidi said...

Crazy that you have such a growing family! Birthdays are so fun when they are so little. He's so cute!

Emily said...

Happy Bday Luke! Wow, he looks so old and so cute. Love the car cake and I'm sure he did too!

Emily said...

ps- keep forgetting to say that I like your new background etc.

Melvin and Carly said...

Sometimes I can't believe how fast time goes by. The last time I saw you was when you were pregnant with Luke and now he's 2 and you have another baby on the way. Looks like he had fun; hope Jacob gets to play with the toys soon. Happy Birthday Luke!

Monty and Kristin said...

I can't believe he's already two! cONGRATS! wHAT A CAKE!! WOW!! Did you made that. My kids are so no lucky in that area. Fun! I love boys too!!:) It's a good thing:)

Riley and Steph said...

I can't believe our babies are 2! Bryn's is next Sunday! It sounds like your house is almost opposite of mine with my two girls being my youngest - its all about high heels and babies! I love it! Luke sounds like a cutie pie! I love the kitty loves!