Monday, October 20, 2008

Pumpkin time!!!




Tonight for Family Home Evening we decided to carve our pumpkins. While Lindsay and I are carving our traditional triangles. Dane and Jacob look more like their pumpkin is on the operating table. Looking up and seeing this enormous drill somehow did not shock me too much. Very typical for how Dane would think of doing things. Jacob was very impressed and pleased with the drill method. Poor Lindsay was left to my elementary carving skills. But somehow everyone was very happy in the end especially when we lit them up with candles. I love the tradition of the pumpkin. Next year I want to grow our own so we can have an abundance of pumpkins until Thanksgiving. Does anyone know when to plant the seeds in Utah?

4 comments:

Melvin and Carly said...

Love the drill! Looks like fun.

The Cope Family said...

That so reminds me of something Gene would do. With me shaking my head the whole time. Looks like great fun. Have a wonderful day.

Lisa said...

I laughed when I saw the picture of Dane dressed in scrubs with the drill in his hand! I have never seen anyone carve a pumpkin with a drill before. We planted our pumpkins in May this last year. They were doing great until we had that snowstorm a couple weeks ago. We did get a few good ones though. Pumpkins grow really well here in Utah.

Monty and Kristin said...

So funny! I love your whole triangle thing! That's how I do it! That picture of Dane is classic. What is even better is you weren't surprised!;) Love it!! Oh, I want to see a picture of you Pregnant before you're not!:)