Congratulation Dane we are so proud of you.
The ordeal is over! Dane has retuned! Dane works as a PA in a prison. In order to work in a prison he has to be a peace officer. He took a 12 week training course in Draper to become a real officer. We had stressed so so much that he would not be able to complete the training because of his back ingury. Not only did he complete the training he did awsome. The physical training was very intense, plus over 500 hours of class and P.T. He had to be away from the family for three months coming home on the weekends. This was so difficult on all of us. I got a small taste of how it would be to be a single mom with four kids under 7. To say the least our evening routines were all buisness and a little caotic. We all learned a lot and appriciate eachother even more. The kids are so happy to have their Daddy home every night. Luke missed Dane the most. He really had seperation anxiety on the weekends, and wouldn't let Dane out of his sight for a second. Dane really enjoyed the course and I think it has opened up a whole new avenue of interest for him. Yesterday we went to his grauation. Today we feel so happy! I'm so happy for his accomplishments and feel like we were both blessed so much through the process.
8 comments:
What a great accomplishment for both Dane and you for surviving with 4 children alone! You have such a cute family and it is crazy how you appreciate your spouse more when they are gone like that! Congrats Dane that is great!
Way to go Dane! I was thinking that Dane had decided to make a career change until you explained about working at the prison and all. Congrats on completing the course, Officer! And way to go for you too Beth. That's a long time to take care of 4 kids by yourself!
Wow, I had no idea you guys were going through that!! Wow, that's awesome! Great job Dane!! We are proud of you!! Great job Beth surviving something like that. Love the picture of the two of you!!;)
Congrats to Dane for his accomplishment and for you for surviving being a single mom with four little kids!! That was a probably a VERY LONG four months for you! You look so cute in the picture with Dane!
Wow Dane! Congrats on becoming officer Thurston. It is an impressive title. Beth I am impressed how well you handled it all.
I don't know how I missed this post, but way to go!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm so happy he endured so well, and especially you my friend! Always good to find out that absence really does make the heart grow fonder, huh?
Wow, I didn't know he was gone all week long for 3 months! You are a super-mom! How did you do it? Seriously? I'm impressed! Glad it's over and I'm not surprised at all that he did great! Good job...both of you! :)
I didn't know that - how hard! He can do anything. That's awesome!
Post a Comment