Sunday, August 16, 2009

Something So Wonderful!




Each baby that comes into the family is a wonderful treasure and so exciting. Sadie is no exception. My sister Amy and bro. in law Rob have adopted Sadie. With great anticipation we have been waiting for her to be ready to come from Etheopia. It has been so exciting and nerve racking as they made the journey to go get her. I waited on pins and needles as they were gone, just feeling a feeling of unrest having a sister, brother, and nephew on the other side of the world, let alone Africa. She is so beautiful, and familiar to us, and we are thrilled to watch her grow with the other cousins. She is the 4th baby in our family this year, so it will be fun to have them so close. Etheopia is going to be part of our family heritage now. My heart has been full of compassion and sadness for the life her parents must have led, and the turmoil of the people there. We have so much, and I can't help but think the last few day, "where much is given, much is required." I doubt our family will ever be the same. Welcome baby Sadie. We love you.

6 comments:

The Cope Family said...

How exciting for amy and Rob. How many kids does this make for them? Have they adopted two kids?

Jamie and Family said...

What a beautiful baby!!!!!! How fun!

Can you call me (on my cell)tomorrow when it's good for you? I really want to catch up and I'm *Fairly* free tomorrow.

I cannot believe how much Ben and Amy's boy are twins!

Monty and Kristin said...

What a fun story! Do they know the background of her parents? I'm so intereted. Anyway, she's beautiful and I can just see the beauty in this story and what a wonderful life she is going to have. Congrats to your family!

Beth said...

We know nothing about who her parents are, only that she was left on the side of the road at about 2 weeks old. She was then taken by the police to an orphanage. She was then moved to an American adoption agency in Etheopia, where Amy then picked her up. Her parents may have been sick, or knew that if they left her she might be adopted.

Melvin and Carly said...

How exciting for your sister and her family, as well as for the rest of you. Sadie is lucky to be joining such a great family. I'm sure your family is feeling pretty lucky too. Such wonderful news.

Eliza2006 said...

What a beautiful baby. Tell her parents congrats!