
The shock of the location!

Some of the anxious crowd.

fighting over the envelope.

My parents have been anxiously awaiting their mission call. Today was finally the day. It is amazing how days come in our lives that just change everything. And before you know it there is a new part of the world that will be of importance for generations. Mission calls seem to always catch you off guard. My parents imagined places like Nauvoo, family history, or temple mission. So when the call came for
NEW YORK, NEW YORK NORTH MISSION
shock fell across the room. It is wonderful and exciting, and I'm very jealous. It is a proselyting mission for 12 months starting February 1st, 2010. We are all so proud of them and know they worked very hard to get to this point. When your a senior couple serving a mission you can request certain types of missions or locations. Barb and Randall didn't make any requests or recommendations. I thought that was so brave and showed how full of faith they are. I know they will be amazing and be able to help so many people. I don't think they realize how much they are going to love it. I know they will. I can't think about how much we will miss them though. It will be so strange to not have them in our family network for awhile. I'm going to start saving my pennies for a trip to New York City!
4 comments:
Holy cow. That's awesome! Tell your parent thanks! What a great example they are of righteous service. They are going to LOVE it. Look forward to hearing about your trip out there.
WOW! WOW! WOW!
How exciting!! They will be great missionaries. It is always a little sad when they leave but it is worth it. I am so glad that my grandparents went on missions while I was growing up. It sets such a good example for all the grandkids.
Congrats to your parents! What a wonderful example they will set for their family. I'm sure it will be a great experience and blessing for all of you.
Post a Comment