Wednesday, May 23, 2012

homemade cleaners that I have enjoyed.

all purpose spray
1/4 c. white vinegar 2 c. water 30 drops essential oil (i used on guard from doterra. proven to kill bacterial and virus) 1 t. borax
window cleaner
1/2 c. white vinegar 1 C. water 10-20 drops lemon essential oil soft scrub (make one batch at a time) 1 c. baking soda 1/4 c. castile soap (i bought on amazon) 1 T. water 1T. vinegar 5-10 drops essential oils floor cleaner
1 gallon hot water 2 T liquied castile soap 15 drops wild orange essential oil 8 drops lemon essential oil toilet bowl cleaner (one time use)
1/2 c. baking soda 10 drops of melaleuca oil 1/4 vinegar all purpose no vinegar 20 drops on guard essential oil 1 t. borax 1 c. water

 You can totally mix this up and tweak them as you go. I bought nice spray bottles in the garden section at walmart. I like the doterra oils cause they are the purest grade. So the antibacterial really works, and the fragrence is so yummy. You start out buying a few products that you might not already have but so worth it cause you do save money and it feels so much healthier not to use chemicals. And they work just as well. if you don't have any oils I would start out with lemon and on guard. you can do just about everything with just those two. This is so easy and satisfying as you clean. I needed a little pick me up when it comes to cleaning. There are so many other receipes online too.

4 comments:

Emily said...

Wow, thanks for sharing these recipes. I would love to make this switch. Think I will start making these changes slowly, like you said. And nice that I could have kids help me clean without worrying about the chemicals!

Lisa said...

I am glad you decided to blog again! I enjoy hearing what you guys are up to! It was really great to spend today with Dane and Helen. It was nice having them at the funeral.

Lisa said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Beth said...

I need a like button on these comments.