Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Dane's labor of love

o Dane has been very busy in our backyard. First he made this quant chicken coop. It is so cute and functional. I love how it blends into the yard. We have 6 chickens now. Started out with 12. That is a story of it's own. They are finally starting to lay. It is so fun for the kids to gather the eggs each day. We get anywhere from 2-4 eggs a day. I hope we end up getting more as they get older. I hated chickens so much as a kid. Its amazing how feelings can change. I just love getting our own eggs, and watching them scratch around.
a onblur="try {parent.deselectBloggerImageGracefully();} catch(e) {}" href="https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEix-gLYHbGVS9shHPX4z-hGWcoaSq2je9w2DACjW_twhjGys3_fD06TrrbZGtnIoOOyzTXIyk0ZvNJRLWGrFrBnUpfB5ZyVwyCcxVPPYiN5ryVEqkO3xN81LNTZb-oSC0nPhbkamy-i0v4/s1600-h/DSCF0456.JPG">



Second Dane spent many a Wednesdays and Saturdays making this amazing playhouse. The kids love it. It is so sturdy and fun for the kids to be up so high. He will top it off with some swings, and a slide. I've been so impressed with these projects. They seem to just come out of his head, but end up looking so nice. He really has a knack for it. So now i'm thinking I better make a request for the next project. I'm thinking a deck.

5 comments:

Lisa said...

Dane do you want to build us a playhouse? We will hire you!

Emily said...

Very impressive! What a wonderland.

K Western said...

Wow! Dane is so handy! My kids would love a playhouse like yours.
And chickens, cool!

Jamie and Family said...

Truly impressive!!!!

Angela Jamison said...

WoW!! Your husbands the man!! I can only imagine what fun your kids are having.