Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Scout master Dane in Yosemite climbing half Dome.






For posterity's sake yes Dane is the Scout Master. He is really starting to get into it, and I'm proud of him for the thought and effort he does render. Well last weekend was a big one. Hiking Half Dome is a really big deal around here. It is a very difficult hike, and dangerous too. It is about 18 miles round trip. Dane's youngest scout was doing really well until the last leg of climbing the actual dome. They got maybe half way up before he just couldn't do it anymore. Too scary. So poor Dane hikes 17 3/4 miles in one day and doesn't get the reward at the end. He was a very good sport about it. I think he was expecting it. I think over all everyone had a great time. It has been three day, and Dane is starting to walk normal again. I don't think I would ever be able to walk for weeks.

3 comments:

Lisa said...

Hi Dane and Beth, it is I, Lisa Thurston Foster. Loni told me about your blog. It is fun to see what you are up to and see your cute kids! Kevin is the scoutmaster in our ward too. They haven't done a hike quite that strenuous. They did have a boy freak out on the way up Timp but he made it to the top. You can check out our blog at thefosterfamilyfive.blogspot.com.

Jamie and Family said...

They certainly are strong and maybe a little crazy for doing it. That's a cool split rock...from lightening?

Mama Bear said...

Sorry Dane didn't get to make it to the top of half dome. It is a pretty neat thing...Robert and I have both been up, but at different times. Glad you are feeling better, Beth! Aren't you grateful for a good husband and the gospel. Can you imagine being a mom without those things? Scary thought!!