Tuesday, August 26, 2008

baby talk.


I feel excited about this new purchase I made today. I've been dreading getting Luke out of the crib in-time for this baby, and my kids grow out of bassinets so fast. Especially if they get the long arm, long leg gene that the others have had. This glider cradle is bigger than a bassinet. The baby can stay in it until they can pull themselves up. And then when your done with it, it converts to a glider couch. I also found it $50 less at costco than on ebay. I've been looking for a deal for a couple weeks now on craiglist and never saw what I wanted. I haven't bought anything new for this baby yet, so I think that is why it was so fun to find this. I'll let you know if I like it once it comes. So Lukey boy can stay in the crib for at least 6 more months. For me as a mother that has been one of the hardest transitions for my kids. Our little routine always goes to pot and it is hard to get a 2 year old to stay in bed and go to sleep. It is amazing that this is my fourth, but I still don't have anything figured out. All my kids have been so different that it is like the first time all over again. Except I'm less concern I guess. I now feel like "oh well I guess they will eventually grow out of this" as with Lindsay I was in a panic that every stage and mistake I would make would last forever.

4 comments:

Monty and Kristin said...

You are so funny! That crib looks awesome! I love that it changes into a chair when you don't need it as a crib anymore and I love that it glides! GREAT Purchase! I'm excited to hear how you like it. Oh, with the going to bed thing. You're nice...I just threaten to turn out all the lights if they get out of bed and their so afraid of the dark they don't budge. My biggest problem is getting Tyler and Kyle to stop taking long enough to fall asleep!
Yeah, our schedules are totally the same! Tyler and Kyle get off at the same time...thank goodness. It's fun!:) i can't believe they are growing so fast either!

The Cope Family said...

what schedule??? I am the worst. Jesse is 2 and out of the crib in a big bed. So instead of me getting up when he wakes up during the night. He just comes and gets in bed with me. I hate it. But I am so tired lately that that is the only to keep him asleep. So good luck. At least Luke isn't sleeping between you and Dane......

Emily said...

That looks really neat. You'll have to let me know how it works. I know what you mean about the prospect of no crib...it spooks me out to think about Heidi out of her crib any time soon. She has a great routine now and I can't imagine the craziness that might happen if she had full reign of the room at night! Have fun getting ready for this little guy.

Riley and Steph said...

This looks like a great purchase! I know what you mean about starting all over again. I think we forget alot of things and how hard things were. I was way more of a worry wort about Clayton too - read all the books and stuff - that makes me laugh now.