Saturday, August 23, 2008

Sanpete fun!


We have been living the Sanpete lifestyle and having a lot of fun doing it. You can't be a true Sanpeter unless you go to the demolition derby. This was LIndsay and Jacobs first one ever. Luke stayed with Granny. It was a lot of fun and they enjoyed watching cars crash into each-other and occasionally flip completely over. But I think there favorite part was the kettle corn. Yum. LIndsay went to bed with a big stomach ache. The fair is in town so, Dane took the kids to the rides tonight. I used it as a bribe all day. We also all went to the Sanpete County parade. I can't believe how much candy this town throws out to the kids. The kids come prepared with bags. All the kids are lugging around half full grocery bags by the end of the parade. AImost like Halloween amounts. So we have had a full weekend of Sanpete fun. I'm happy today because I'm able enough to ride a bike now. I've been having problems with my back and hips so I've been unable to walk or get any exercise. And considering I failed my glucose tolerant test this week I have to have a way of exercising to lower my sugars. So we bought a new bike trailer and I rode it around for the first time today totally pain free. Luke loved the trailer. Every-time we would go down the smallest hill he would say "weee". I wish I could ride my bike around my house and everywhere so I didn't have to walk. I'm going to do a delayed back to school post soon. Still having camera troubles.

6 comments:

Lisa said...

I was happy to see a new post! I am glad that you are enjoying Sanpete county. We have never taken our kids to a demolition derby before. I know Parker would love it. Mckenna keeps begging us to get a bike trailer to pull them around in. We keep using the excuse that we need to get a bike first.

Riley and Steph said...

This looks and sounds fun! I have never experienced a demolition derby either! It sounds like you are enjoying your new home town - We will have to come and visit sometime!

Becky said...

Wow, Andy and David will be so jealous when I tell them. They saw a demolition derby in the movie "Herbie Fully Loaded" and they loved it. It cracks me up to think of your cute little family at a demolition derby. But you're in Utah, so I'm sure a demolition derby there would be different than one here. I hope you start feeling better soon!

The Cope Family said...

I am so happy that you are feeling better. It is so good to have you post again. I have always said that we should take our kids down to the derby. We have talked about it but never done it but maybe with you down thier we can do it next year.
Glad your feeling better.

Jamie and Family said...

I want a picture of your boots and wranglers....c'mon :-)

Monty and Kristin said...

Looks like fun! I'm totally surprised you can get on a bike and enjoy yourself. That's great! Glad you're enjoying Utah...it all looks like fun.