Tuesday, July 17, 2007
spooky!!!
A few times in my life I have had a dream that the doorbell rings in the middle of the night. I wake up scared and then realize it was a dream. well last night there was no question that it wasn't a dream. I had only been asleep for 15 minutes settling in from a nighttime feed for Luke. When the doorbell rang, followed by 4 powerful, quick knocks. I quickly looked at the clock and it was 4:30am. Who in the world could that be. My first thought was that someone needed help because the knocks sounded a urgent. In less than 5 seconds Dane grabbed the gun and threw on a pair of shorts. I decided I better get dressed too if it ended up being anyone. Dane asked who it was, he answered "the police". Now we were even more confused. Trusting that it was the police we opened up. He calmly said, "sorry to wake you, but the back of your van is open." My initial reaction was relief, but are you kidding that you would wake us up, and scare the living daylights out of us to tell us that our van was open. I would have preferred a note in the morning that he had closed it, and to let him know if anything was missing. But anyway we thanked him and he went on his way. This makes more sense though if you know this area is famous for car theft, and burglary. I think the police are trying to train us to be on guard. I think it worked, because I never want my doorbell to ring past 11:00 or before 7:00 again. I left it open by the way after scrubbing a stain in the carpet. I wanted it to air out a little, and forgot about it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
that is SO freaky. my heart would sink to hear the doorbell in the middle of the night.
We used to live next door to an old man who had Sundowners, which meant after the sun went down, he would become dilusional. One week he stopped his meds, but we didn't know. He knocked on our door at like 1:30 in the morning asking us to help him find these "kids" that were in his car, but sort of dissappeared and "melted into the seat". Yeah, we were freaked and confused. I honestly thought this old man would pull a gun and shoot us! This happened a couple times and it was so strange. I still feel confused when i think about it.
Yikes...I kinda hate thinking about that! Aren't you glad Dane ws home?!
Post a Comment