Sunday, July 1, 2007
why I Love camping.
First let me just say that I took lots of pictures of our camping trip this weekend, but something is going on with my sd card. I really hope I can make it work. Anyway we really did have a good camp-out even though it was whirlwind. We went up to Big Meadow in the Sequoias. It was only about 1 1/2 windy,carsick hours away. Of course we got lost and added on an extra hour. Why do trips always have to start out stressful. As we were leaving our house Dane got a phone call from a friend Matt G. By the end of the conversation their family decided to go camping with us. They met us up there about an hour later. I was impressed that Jamee was able to throw things together so fast. That was so fun that they ended up coming. We found the perfect camping place by a little stream. By the time we arrived it was dark. As soon as we got out of the car huge, hungry mosquitos starting attacking. (opposition in all things). Dane then whipped together a yummy cobbler, and the kids and I ate cold marshmallows and chocolate. (mom forgot sticks). I never sleep when I camp. This time wasn't any different. We didn't realize that we we up 7,000 ft. It was in the 30's when the morning rolled around. There was frost!!! We forgot Lindsay's sleeping bag so I gave her the blankets that I was planning on using. I shook under two thin blankets. The kids were warm though. I was so worried about Luke being cold that I basically just stared at him all night. Occasionally thinking about bears, cougars, and bobcats. The next day the kids had a BLAST playing in the stream and dirt. Later we went to the big trees and marveled at their beauty. It really is amazing. So beautiful that you can not deny the creation of a loving Heavenly Father. I loved spending time with Dane and the kids. Lindsay and Jacob both loved the camping experience. I'll keep working on the pic.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
it's funny how things can be semi-torturing, but you can love the experience at the same time. can't wait to see pics! wish we could've come!
jme
Post a Comment