Saturday, September 1, 2007

3-2-1-BLASTOFF!




Lisa this one is for you!
Luke being patient
Dane preparing for lift off
Lindsay waiting for the big blast
Jacob's favorite past time

Lindsay
Dane and the kids put together a rocket, and tonight it was finally ready to blast it into space. (600 ft) After a few false starts it finally went off when none of us were looking. Then it would come down with a parachute. We saw that part. Then we had one take off where we were all watching. It was really exciting. As we were cleaning up to leave a cop car showed up. Jacob had the rocket in hand. I wish I could have captured his face. He was really worried they would haul him off to jail. The police car pulled right next to me, and rolled down the window. What I saw inside was the cutest retired couple. A sweet little old lady was one of the officers. We didn't get in trouble they just wanted to check out the action. Jacob and Lindsay played in the dirt field (Jacob's dream) while Dane worked on the rocket. Luke watched from his stroller. He is pretty intrigued by everything Jacob does these days. He is in watch and learn mode.

1 comment:

Chris Grover said...

I totally remember the good ole' rocket launching days! I used to love doing that stuff! Looks like your kids did too!!